Friday, August 27, 2010

It doesn't just happen

I was recently going through some mounds of baby boy clothes that Caden has already outgrown. I had a desire to give them away, but couldn't think of anyone having a baby boy this Fall. So I decided to take them to the resale shop in Lake Orion. An old friend works there and just happened to mention an acquaintance who was pregnant with a little baby boy to be born this October. So I scooped up the big bag of clothes and thanked the Lord for clearly directing my steps and showing me a person who could really use them. We often think and act as though things "just happen", but the Bible tells us otherwise. Proverbs 16:9 says, "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." And Matthew 10:29 tells us, "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father." God ordains the details of our lives and is in control over all that happens. I praise Him for allowing me to see that first hand!

1 comment:

  1. (Dana again :)) Pastor Tony spoke last night in church on Psalm 37:23-24 and it made me think of what you wrote. "The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Your post and his message were both an encouragement to me!

    ReplyDelete